Day 1: Introduce, Recent Picture of Yourself, 15 Interesting Facts
Hi! Daniella Veras, here. 🙂
I initially started my social escapades under the sobriquet, Deelicieux. Originally, I intended to keep my posts anonymous and don’t quite remember exactly why I changed my mind. I’ve never liked feeling like I have something to hide preferring (sometimes to my demise) to be open and genuine. My blog and Tumblr are under “La Passionista”, as this is
where I bitch about my personal forum for expressing my sentiments on Love, Sex and Relationships.
You know you’re addicted to Social Media if: You speak “hashtag”. #ItsaProblem
How ever it was you found me, Welcome! 🙂
Now for a recent picture, this was taken last week at a Salsa Social Event hosted by the Miami Salsa Scene.
And now…. On to the Fifteen Interesting Things About Me.
- I posted those pictures for two reasons: One, I’m not as photogenic as people think I am and here is the proof; and two, I find the fact I was caught “in the act” amusing.
- I can speak some Hindi/Urdu. Not a lot, just enough where people are impressed. I know a few songs in Hindi by heart, too.
- A friend of mine once told me: “You don’t sleep; You take naps.” I don’t require much sleep (other people may call this gift insomnia). Every now and again, it’s annoying.
- I hate shopping. I like nice things, but hate the process. I have a threshold of about an hour before it gives me a migraine.
- I have a humongous family. Between my siblings, their respective spouses and children, we could populate a small town.
- Even though I have a huge family, I’m an orphan here in Miami. (Singing off key: Allllll byyyyy myyyyyself…. ) Thank Goodness for my Sistas from another Mista! Love these, lovely ladies!
- I’m taller than the average man and blow the average woman completely out of the water. I’m not freakishly tall, but tall enough where people will comment on it.
- I have two scars on my face: one on the outside of each eyebrow. They happened at different times. No tattoos.
- Not quite non-regional diction, I have a very ambiguous accent, except when I’m excited or angry. If start dropping my “R’s”, I hope it’s because I’m excited. I’m not nice when I’m angry.
- That said, I am fully bilingual. I switch from Spanish to English without even noticing I made the transition. Living in Miami has exacerbated my condition. I can converse/communicate/understand a couple more languages, as well.
- When I was a kid, I saw Bizet’s Carmen on PBS and have loved opera ever since. My sister would cry when I watched it. Clearly, she didn’t like it as much as the Saturday morning cartoons.
- A natural promoter and brand ambassador, I’ve sold just about everything (but my soul) that could legally be sold. Want to make sure I cleared that up… 😉
- I’m an early adopter. I’m usually the first to discover something (food, technology, media, etc. ) and start proselytizing it to everyone else. I’ve been called an influencer. (See: Influence Marketing)
- I love live music and love to dance, but I was very shy when I was younger. I didn’t get started dancing until later in life. Never wanted to embarrass or draw attention to myself. Thank goodness, I got over the shyness and don’t mind making a fool of myself as long as I’m having fun. I finally found NY Style Salsa in Miami, so I look forward to finally learning to dance it beautifully.
- I am all love, all the time. My enthusiasm is infectious and an interminable amount energy. I love to spread love and help others. I love hugs and am very affectionate (with most people) . I will purr like a kitten if you rub me the right the right way. However, rub me the wrong way and you will soon see this kitty’s got claws. 😉
I’m pretty sure you have a few bonus facts in there. Hope those were interesting enough for you… 😉
Love and Blessings, Dee.