Thanks to the Social Media Club of South Florida I am once again involved in a 30 Day Blog Challenge. The first time I tried this, I only made it to Day 3. My second attempt, Day 15. I am thinking I can make it all the way through this time. 🙂
Some of you participating I know pretty well (as well as you can know anyone online). Others, not so much. So in case you’ve been living under a rock or you don’t use social media AT ALL I thought it would be cool to tell you a little bit about me. Here goes.
- I’m kind of random. My randomness is a frail attempt at my mouth trying to keep up with my mind. I am curious and hungry for knowledge. I have a open mind. I absorb everything until it has been exhausted. Then, I quickly lose interest and move on to the next thing, also known as ADHD. (Just kidding, I think)
- I’m goofy. Awkward in a way, but you’d never be able to tell. I have a strange sense of humour. Sometimes I laugh at things no one else thinks is funny. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ …and dassit. I’m mildy sarcastic.
- Confession: I’m prejudiced. I’ve made up my mind about you before you get through the door. I do give you a chance to prove me wrong. I rarely am. That said, I try my best to view people and situations with love and compassion. I truly and genuinely want to believe that people are doing the best they can with the cards they are dealt.
- I’m very polite (or so I’ve been told). I’m not, however, afraid to offend people. I’m quite cordial to most people, even if I don’t like them. Is that hypocritical or kind?
- I don’t base my future on my past. I don’t base the future of others on their past. I believe in second chances.
- I’m a good girl *ahem* mostly. What is a good girl anyway? A bad girl that doesn’t get caught. Leave no evidence! 😉 I’m a good person intrinsically. I try to be.
- I don’t do drugs, but oh! do I drink! Wine, mostly… or a caipirinha… or tequila… with salt & a lime… or maybe just pinapple juice. I drink. ha!
- I love. I love to love. I’m open to people with good energy. I’ll befriend just about anybody. I hug and kiss!
- I have a dirty mind. If there is the slightest hint of a double entendre, I’ll pick up on it in a second. I’ll talk about anything. Anything at all. Most importantly, I listen. I learn.
- I’m a little blunt. I say what I think. I have a very limited filter between my mind and my mouth. Sometimes, I very limited filter between my mind and my mobile devices. Stephen King said “write drunk, edit sober.” I’m still working on the later. 😉
- Stupid people annoy me. Hmm… actually, no. It’s the ignorant that people piss me off. There is too much access to information for ignorance to run as rampant as it does.
- I’m perpetually in love… it really doesn’t matter what. I have the gift of seeing beauty in places no one thinks to look.
- My taste in music is eclectic. I surprise people with my varied tastes. I favor hypnotic voices and enchanting melodies.
- I love food. I’ll try anything once. I’ve developed a taste for spicy foods. I love fusion restaurants! My tongue dances around my mouth just thinking about it.
- I pick up languages quickly. It’s my cheap parlor trick. My goal is to learn to explain contracts in at least 5. Generally, I speak Spanglish, with a sprinkle of Italian and French, and now Portuguese. During normal conversation, I will switch from English to Spanish and back again seamlessly without realizing I’ve even made the transition. Living in Miami has exacerbated my condition. I’m known for my #WEPA.
So those are some fun little facts that came to mind about me. I’d love to learn about you, too. What are some fun facts about you? I love comments. 🙂
Happy June and Happy Blogging, mi gente!